A video posted online by ISIS on Saturday claims to show the beheading of David Haines, a 44-year-old aid worker from the U.K. who was abducted in Syria last year. The video appeared a day after Haines’ family made a public plea to his captors to contact them.
The British Foreign Office said late Saturday that it was “working urgently to verify” the video.
“If true, this is another disgusting murder,” the Foreign Office said in a statement. “We are offering the family every support possible. They ask to be left alone at this time.”