by Harvest Prude
Posted 8/09/18, 01:39 pm
Vice President Mike Pence announced Thursday plans to create a U.S. Space Force as the country’s sixth military branch by 2020.
A joint military drill by the United States and South Korea slated for August will not take place, the South Korean Defense Ministry confirmed Tuesday. The announcement comes after U.S. President Donald Trump vowed during last week’s meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to suspend “war games” with South Korea. The South’s Defense Ministry on Tuesday said the suspension would aid the two countries’ ongoing talks with North Korea. “South Korea and the U.S.
President Donald Trump appeared to surprise Defense Department officials Monday with his request for a sixth branch of the U.S. military: the Space Force. “When it comes to defending America, it is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space,” the president said during remarks at the White House.