by Lynde Langdon
Posted 8/16/18, 01:13 pm
A spate of drug overdoses broke out Wednesday morning in and around a New Haven, Conn., park, where emergency workers treated 76 people through early Thursday. Authorities suspect a bad batch of synthetic marijuana, or K2, is to blame. Many victims lost consciousness and some became nauseous and lethargic. According to initial toxicology results, some victims tested positive for the powerful opioid fentanyl, which might have been mixed with the marijuana. Onlookers and emergency workers described a spooky scene at the New Haven Green on Wednesday, with people dropping by the minute.